Pittsburgh Divorce Lawyer
Scott L. Levine
Attorney Levine provides no-nonsense, affordable representation for all Pittsburgh family law matters. He believes in creating a clear plan of action and handling his cases efficiently and effectively. Mr. Levine prides himself on being personable and accessible to his clients and always offers honest opinions on his client's goals and the likelihood of success in court.
In addition to being well versed in all aspects of traditional family law litigation, Mr. Levine is also trained in collaborative law, and he is a certified mediator.
Scott L. Levine earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh, School of Law. Following graduation, Mr. Levine practiced in the area of civil litigation for several years before turning his focus to concentrate entirely on family law.
To that end, Mr. Levine founded the divorce and family law practice at a mid-sized Pittsburgh firm before branching out with his own firm dedicated to domestic relations law.
Mr. Levine has represented numerous individuals and families in and around Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, in an assorted range of family law matters while carrying out his passion for helping people at all levels of litigation and protection.
Mr. Levine's training in collaborative law allows him to expand the services offered to prospective clients. Combined with his mediation training, the Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) side of his practice is specifically for those families who prefer to resolve their conflicts without any litigation.
Areas of Practice
Mr. Levine handles a variety of family law matters, including: contested divorce, uncontested divorce, high net worth divorce, child custody, physical custody, legal custody, primary custody, shared custody, custody relocation, grandparent custody, child support, spousal support, complex support, APL, alimony, division of assets, equitable distribution, property settlement agreements, paternity, name change, wills, living wills, health care powers of attorney, protection from abuse, mediation, and collaborative law.
Mr. Levine is admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania and the United States District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania.
Mr. Levine has experience in both the private and public sector. He was previously employed by two large regional law firms where he focused his practice in civil litigation. He was a certified legal intern with the University of Pittsburgh School of Law Elder Law Clinic, where he assisted local elderly residents and was a law clerk for the Pennsylvania Superior Court. Scott was also an intern for the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination where he investigated housing and employment discrimination.
Pro Bono Activities
Mr. Levine continues his commitment to pro bono services through his involvement with various legal groups and activities, most notably Neighborhood Legal Services where he has volunteered regularly for over ten years assisting victims of abuse. He has worked with the Uptown Legal Clinic on a wide range of family law issues and the Greater Pittsburgh Arts Council.
Speaking Engagements and Publication
He has presented seminars to numerous senior citizens groups about issues involving estate planning and elder law, and the changes to Pennsylvania law involving power of attorney documents and living wills.
Mr. Levine had a case note regarding child support published in Volume 30, Issue 4 of the Pennsylvania Family Lawyer.
- January 2019 - 10 Best Family Law Attorney - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- January 2019 - Best Divorce Lawyers in Pittsburgh 2019 - Expertise.com.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) - Top 100 Family Lawyers in the State of Pennsylvania - 2019.
- August 2018 - Distinguished Lawyer - Noticed.
- June 2018 - The National Trial Lawyers Top 100 - Pennsylvania.
- June 2018 - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Top 10 Pennsylvania.
- February 2018 - 10 Best Attorney - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys.
- February 2018 - Lawyer of Distinction - Lawyers of Distinction.
- January 2018 - Best Divorce Lawyers in Pittsburgh 2018 - Expertise.com.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) - Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in the State of Pennsylvania - 2018.
- Distinguished Lawyer 2017 - Expert Network.
- August 2017 - Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 Pennsylvania - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
- June 2017 - The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40.
- Expertise.com - Best Divorce Lawyers in Pittsburgh - 2017.
- January 2017 - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best Under 40 in Pennsylvania.
- American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA) - Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in the State of Pennsylvania for 2017.
- June 2016 - Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 for the State of Pennsylvania - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys.
- June 2016 - Expertise.com - Best Divorce Lawyers in Pittsburgh 2016.
- May 2016 - The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 for the State of Pennsylvania.
- January 2016 - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best Under 40 in Pennsylvania.
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in the State of Pennsylvania 2016 - American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA).
- Top Lawyer 2016 - The Global Directory of Who's Who.
- American Academy of Trial Attorneys - 2015 Premier 100 Trial Attorney for Pennsylvania.
- July 2015 - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys - Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 in Pennsylvania.
- May 2015 - American Institute of Family Law Attorneys - 10 Best Under 40 in Pennsylvania.
- April 2015 - The National Trial Lawyers: Top 40 Under 40 in Pennsylvania.
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers Pennsylvania 2015 - American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA).
- Top 10 Family Law Attorney Under 40 in Pennsylvania - National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Inc.
- The National Trial Lawyers - Top 40 Under 40 for the State of Pennsylvania.
- Top 40 Under 40 Family Lawyers in the State of Pennsylvania for 2014 - American Society of Legal Advocates (ASLA).
- Pittsburgh's Finest 2014 - Divorce & Family Law - Pittsburgh City Paper.
Mr. Levine has received the Avvo Clients' Choice Award for 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 and the 2013, 2014, & 2015 Avvo Top Contributor Awards.
In addition, Mr. Levine was listed in the Pittsburgh City Paper - Proactive Resources: Best of Pittsburgh, Summer 2010, Divorce & Family Law. He was included in the Pittsburgh City Paper - Proactive Resources: Pittsburgh's Finest 2008, Top 12, Divorce & Family Law and was recognized in 2008 as a premier company by TheCityofPittsburgh.com. Mr. Levine was honored by Cambridge Who's Who in their 2007-2008 Registry of Executives and Professionals.
Education and Academic Honors
Mr. Levine graduated cum laude from the University of Massachusetts at Amherst with a Bachelor of Arts in legal studies, and received his Juris Doctor from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law, where he attained semester honors. While at Pitt, he was also chosen to appear in the 24th Edition of Who's Who: American Law Students.
During law school, Scott participated in the Trial and Appellate Moot Court competitions, and was an anchor and reporter for JURIST, an award-winning legal news and research website. He was also a member of Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity.
While at UMass Scott was a member of the UMass Mediation Team and received a Mediation Certification after completing an intensive forty-hour training course.
Scott is a member of various professional, fraternal and civic organizations including: Allegheny County Bar Association, Allegheny County Bar Association Elder Law Committee, Allegheny County Bar Association Family Law Section, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association Family Law Section, and Pennsylvania Bar Association Collaborative Law Committee.
Scott is also a member of International Academy of Collaborative Professionals (IACP), Collaborative Law Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (CLASP), F&AM Dallas Lodge #231, AASR Valley of Pittsburgh and is a field advocate for the Western Pennsylvania Chapter of the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention (AFSP).
Contact us if you have questions about our family law services. We proudly serve clients in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and Allegheny County throughout Western Pennsylvania.