“Pursuant to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court’s Order dated March 16, 2020, President Judge Clark has declared a judicial emergency in the Fifth Judicial District from March 16, 2020 to April 14, 2020. The EMERGENCY ORDER sets forth procedures for Court Operations, including the Court of Common Pleas and the Magisterial District Courts during that period. This Order is subject to modification as the situation further develops.”
The above mentioned Emergency Order sets forth:
- All time calculations for the purposes of time computation relevant to court cases or other judicial business, as well as time deadline, are suspended subject to constitutional restrictions.
- Additional uses of advanced communication technology to conduct court proceedings, is authorized subject to constitutional restrictions.
- All provisions of this Order apply to cases scheduled from March 17, 2020 through April 14, 2020.
Pertinent Parts are as follows:
- Jury Trials are suspended pending further Order of Court and non-jury trials may be suspended on a case by case basis.
- All court events, except as indicated below, in each of the criminal division courtrooms will be postponed.
Family Division – Adult Section
- Scheduled conferences and hearings in support, custody, equitable distribution, and divorce will be postponed;
- Protection from Abuse matters will be heard as normal.
As always, we provide updated links to additional Free Legal Resources which can answer many of your PA Family Law questions and we continue to provide answers to Frequently Asked Questions. We are also available by phone if you have specific questions or require legal assistance from an experienced Pittsburgh Family Law attorney. Call today 412.303.9566. Video meetings and online payment.